Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Bike Riders!

Julia picked up the trick of riding a two-wheeler and was closely followed by Aidan.
All the kids start their bike training here on this little hill.  They can coast and practice steering without having to worry so much about pedaling.

It was fun to see and hear them as they got confidence.  Julia was especially fun as she'd go outside and sing while riding.  She'd say things like "Mom, this is so much FUN!  I didn't know how much FUN it was going to be until now!"


Aidan is pretty good, still a little wobbly, but can ride alone.  His only problem is that he would much rather watch his front tire than the road ahead of him.  So he rides at breakneck speed while staring down between his knees as the tire spins.  We shout, we encourage, we discuss being smashed by a car.  He continues to ride with his head down.  Sigh...  These are the kind of lessons you have to actually live through if you want to learn them.  Or you have to learn them in order to live.
In this video, Julia is singing a song introduced to her by Papa: "I can ride my bike with no handlebars".  

We went on our first Family Bike Ride this weekend.  It was funny, I'm sure.  I had to run beside Aidan on the uphills (it's hilly here) while holding my bike and pushing him.  I got a workout, let me tell ya!  Lots of complaining and such.  But they want to go again! =)

**********

Well, I get back to this post a few weeks later, and you already know about Mom being the one who falls off her bike!  Still, I have some pictures that I want to add to this post and show you my big babies all riding bikes, if not like pros, at least with enthusiasm.


No, Greyson did not run into the street, I promise.  By the time he runs to where the kids are, they've gone back and forth a few times. =)

1 comment:

  1. How cool! We have GOT to get a bike for Cora! At least for practice. :) It's so neat to see your kiddos all in a row.

    ReplyDelete