Thursday, August 9, 2012

House Project: checkin' in

Just a quick note, and no pictures.  Sorry.

I have FINISHED painting the boys room (again!) and they are moved into their new (old) room.  This is the room they were in when we first moved into this house three years ago, but they have landed back there once again.  No pictures, because I want to post a picture once I put up shelves and mirrors and the final "decorations" in there.  And right now I am storing a love seat, bookcase and calendar easel in the middle of the room.

Because I am switching things around SO much, I have called the four rooms in the house as follows:
The Master Room (will become the school room)
The Small Room (no closet, will become the "master room")
Julia's Room
The Boys' Room

The small room is my focus, now.  As I am redoing each room, I am de-cluttering as I go.  Julia's room is good to go, the Boys room is good to go.  But the mess that Lucas left behind in the small room... !!! He's like his Mama, poor child.  We discussed the ramifications of storing "stuff" for years, and he was quick to observe that the room wouldn't hold everything.  So together we weeded and weeded and organized and made places for things... whew!  And we aren't quite done, but we are on the downhill side.

The problem I'm running into, is that I have nowhere to stick stuff as I clean out rooms.  Stuff is getting pushed ahead of me, like bookcases and furniture.  And a little pressure will be relieved when I paint the small room and can put my bed and Shane's office in there...  but the entire master bedroom will need to be emptied so we can put in a cork or bamboo floor.  WHEW!!  All of this "ceiling to baseboard" cleaning and de-cluttering is SO good for me, though!

So that's the latest.  I might have a "before" picture for the small room that will soon be MIIIIIINE! in the next day or two.  The saddest thing is that it is a beautifully painted blue room for the boys, and my previous masterpiece that I must now paint over.  No, I WANT to paint over it.... it will be my new masterpiece.

"I never look back, darling.  It distracts from the now."

No comments:

Post a Comment