Wednesday, August 1, 2012

House Project: more boys blue bedroom

Here is Tuesday's progress:


A start on the ceiling... what a hassle!


At least I had a bunk bed to use for part of the ceiling.


At this point, I felt a bit like Michelangelo.
Minus the talent, of course.


It comes together!
I did the right hand crack BY HAND.
I will do the wall crack by hand as well.
Maybe.
Yes, walls have cracks.


And this is where I left off.
I think you can tell which two cracks need attention.
Attention for another day!


Story:  Tonight we took a Family Bike Ride.  (We say it in capitals.) As I was doing my famous "ride up beside little kids and give them a helpful shove going uphill" I almost bashed into Aidan's back tire. Since I didn't want to do this, I didn't turn, just let the bike fall over, but somehow missed catching myself with my foot.  Hiney high, wide and handsome, I slo-mo'ed to the ground, landing on my knee and elbow.  In gravel.  Gracefully, I got to my feet and turned back to observe my Honey's reaction.  He was carefully sympathetic, and never once cracked a smile at me!  I did have a mildly scraped up knee. But I'm fine, especially since no neighbors were out.  So if they saw me, they had time to back out of their window before I looked around.  

Also: As I was suffering through this ceiling, Aidan told me that I could paint until my heart was content.  Then he asked me if my heart was content.  So I said, no, that my heart would not be content until the painting was done!  He suggested I just stop painting and that I would find my heart was content after all.  I suspect he was right, but forced myself to keep going, regardless of my heart's contentment level.

3 comments:

  1. Melita, you are so funny :) Wow, you are really making progress on that room. How do you do it? Anthony once said that it took me longer to do the kitchen, living room, and hallways, than it took the children of Israel to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, LOL.

    I know that must have hurt to scrape up your elbow and knee... Ouch! I would have given you a hug if I'd been there.

    Aidan's comment is so cute! Your kids are cute and amazing. Thanks for keeeping us up to date with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little man you are raising! Possibly for a very happy woman someday. It's good to have a man with much understanding when things go unfinished... for way too long. ;)

    And how strange to have a bike falling boo-boo after YEARS. I remember the times when my knees were in a constant state of healing. That may still be the case if I ever got on a bike again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two words: PAINT SPRAYER
    Seriously, they aren't expensive and it would cut down on the time you spend painting. :)

    And sounds like Aidan just gave you a back pocket testimony. ;)

    ReplyDelete