Thursday, August 16, 2012

House Project: done with 2 out of 3!

I have finished painting a second bedroom!

Hooray!  Let the rejoicing grow louder and more thunderous!

The room today: The Littlest Room, which is transforming into me and Shane's room, the new master bedroom.

Once I moved the boys out of this room, they left a huge mess behind.  It needed sorting, tossing.... mostly tossing.  But I had the boys help me, so that slowed me down a few days.  But we managed to get the mess clear, and then I began to paint.

This time, in my painting journey, I did a few things differently.
1) I pulled up the carpet so that I could get a smooth paint job all the way down.  Baseboards are not terribly common in NM.  And...  I'm not going to shell out for them, yet.
2) I did all the cutting by hand.  Shane helped me on this room, too.  We did tape the wood window trim, but taping it works there.  =)  So don't be too harsh when you notice mistakes on the wall. ;)

So here's the pictures to show you the blow by blow and the play by play.
(Shane thinks it's too "pink".  I say it will make our skin look great!)

Palette: boys old messy room

Getting started erasing that bear of a dark blue ceiling.
The ceiling and two walls are all this color(Clamshell), but it looks so white here!


Laying down some clamshell on the wall.


Clamshell again.


At night, with bad lighting, but almost done with clamshell color!
You can see the carpet pulled back.


Nice not to worry about cutting in yet.


Now for Earth Tone.
Almost done!


The east wall


The west wall


The north wall, and room is READY!


And the south wall by day.


My plan is to go a bit Tuscan in here.  I'll see what Hobby Lobby has to offer.

There won't be much room in here, though.  Our queen bed goes in here, along with Shane's desk and two work computers. =)  Should be cozy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it in person. I'm sure the tiny pictures can't do it justice. AND I want to see it with furniture. Nice job though, the colors look great!!

    ReplyDelete