Sunday, December 18, 2011

Winter Decorating

It is with tongue in cheek that I place the label "home improvement" on this post. =)


The time has come for the fall decor to go and winter decor to take it's place!


We decided to buy some window paints and give our front windows a winter scene!  Our friend and neighbor, Christian joined in the fun.


Here the kids all are, hard at work.  I confess, I did a little coaching, and outlined just how I wanted the snowy hills to swoop.  Then I guided Christian on making a snowman on a sled....


And got three more almost identical snowmen on sleds!


Everyone stands by their window square.


A closer view of Aidan and Julia's side.


And a nighttime view of both windows with the lights up!

It would seem that all snowmen are headed for trees;
 luckily they never quite seem to make it down the hill.

Great job, guys!

3 comments:

  1. It turned out so PRETTY!!! And what a good mommy to let your kids go with it. I'm afraid I'd be all picky and have my kids do that on back windows. Not that I really have any front windows... Anyway, SO fun! Where did you get that kind of paint? And does it have the potential to make a mess in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, like any paint this could make a mess. And we pulled out some tempera paints to add some color and those were sitting out on the window sill. But I had a dry cloth and wet cloth handy, all paintbrushes were to be laid on the dry cloth, and nothing hit the floor, or wood or anything else! And the paints were from Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, also the window paints were in a bottle with a fabric-ish cover that you dabbed on the window, so they didn't spill or drip. And that's also why there are a lot of round dots. =)

    ReplyDelete