Saturday, December 24, 2011

Birthday Bliss

 This month, Shane and I had our birthdays.  Yay!  And a friend of mine has a friend.... got that?  That has dealt with breast cancer and is thankful for every birthday she has.  This is my new aspiring attitude, to be grateful that each birthday, each anniversary is a reminder of what I have.  It marks the end of a year which is a gift that is mine to treasure. 

With this in mind, I will gaze again at the front of my hair, which is rapidly sprouting grey, and be glad that I am getting old.  I have so far had this much time with my husband and children, and the grey-er and wrinkly-er I get, the luckier I am.  

This year, Shane and I had fairly easy-going birthdays.  This is becoming more and more our style, it's just nice to have a day with family and a little extra attention.


For Shane, we met up with him for lunch at a Vietnamese place, then went Karting!


Well, he and Lucas did. Me and the other two played air hockey and some other arcade games.  I got Shane a go-pro and thought he might use it, but they were ready for him on the track so he didn't get a chance to set it up.  However, he'll have it for the next time!  Lucas did much better this second time on the track, too.  Shane also got a Creme Brulee torch, new winter gloves and a laser pointer.


The cake flopped, so we just had a plain cake for him this year.  It stuck to the pan, in spite of being oiled and floured, so I couldn't use it to make the Porsche decal that we had in mind.  However, it tasted just fine!  And the next day I made him some INSANE Creme Brulee so we could burn some sugar.  It was SO, so good!

For me, Shane took me and the kids out to breakfast, something I dearly love!  Poor thing had a tummy ache later, but I downed the Crazy Larry omelet with no trouble whatsoever.


We came home, had Creamy Caramel Flan and opened some presents. Shane got me a much nicer camera and some cozy (but not sloppy) pj's and a quilted down vest.  =)  Yay!


He got this pirate card from him and the kids that said:
Front: "I told me crew to lavish ye with some fine pirate booty"
Inside: "Not THAT kind of booty!" as three little pirates pants come down and they are saying things like "Is this the poop deck?" and "got any sunscreen?"
The kids loved it!


Then Shane and I went out on a mutual birthday date and saw Mission Impossible #408 and went to Red Lobster for a yummy shrimp and lobster treat.  


It was nice!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the attitude. :) Happy late birthday to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthdays all around (almost!). Looks like you had fun days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday season! Catching up on your blog makes me feel like I haven't talked to you in AGES. So glad you guys had fun this month!

    ReplyDelete