Friday, March 9, 2012

Some Valentine Love

 Since I just wouldn't want to follow the trends, I'll post some Valentine Love in March.  =)

I had a mighty migraine on V-day, but Sweet Shane brought me home a chick flick and a mango madness drink, and he brought the kids a box of chocolates with something for everyone: heart-shaped for Julia, soccer theme for the boys.  All parties were enthralled!

Julia, being the epitome of nurturing thoughtfulness at times, rushed to make her Papa a belated Valentine card.  She finally has the confidence to try and write.

I deeply cherish those first efforts!


Hello Papa
I love you
I hope you enjoy your present (a picture)
Anyways, I should be getting going back to it.
bye bye

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog from a comment on another blog and I had to comment. I hope you don't mind me being here. I just was so excited to see your name. We have a little Melita, born on Valentines Day in 2011. She just turned one! We have never heard of anyone else named this so it was fun to see that you share this beautiful name with her! We took my sister's name "Melinda" and my husband's sisters name "Aleta" and combined them to make "Melita".

    Have a wonderful weekend and you are welcome on our front porch www.hugsfromus.blogspot.com
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-so-sweet! Hope you're feeling better these days. Will call soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you were feeling bad on V Day Melita :( Wow, I am proud of Shane, though, and his care for you all. And Julia... writing already. Very cool. I love the "people" too on the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the conversational tone of her note:) Way to go SHANE!!!! A very thoughtful man, indeed. Bi Bi.

    ReplyDelete