Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ron Paul

I Like. Ron. PaulandIcannontlie.

Nouthabruthacandeny...

When a candidate walks in...

- who thinks states should decide their own issues, instead of federal mandates across the country...

- who always votes "no" because we have enough laws already...

- who authored and succeeded in passing legislation to audit the fed...

- who wants to get rid of the Fed entirely, now...

Well, I kinda like the guy!  I don't believe that he cares about both short- and long-term environmental issues like I do, and I don't like his tax philosophy.  But when the power is to the states (and thus more squarely on the people!) then I am not as concerned about differing views.  And I can't stand how ignorant and uninformed the other candidates (and most politicians) are.  I wish we, the people, cared a lot more about educated political leaders.

So I wanted to voice my opinion that Ron Paul is my choice, and to defend this seeming appearance of "throwing away my vote" by saying that I want to always do what I think is right, period.  Big order, I know.  But that is why I recycle.  Not because it makes any difference.  But because it's the right thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. :D Nice rapping too. When we're on vacation we tend to see more random speeches from different candidates. This time it seemed like Romney was everywhere and it's SUCH a disappointment that people go with him simply BECAUSE he's so vague. Why does uncertainty feel like the safest vote? Weird!

    ReplyDelete