Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dishes and Philosophy

The kids have kitchen chores that rotate weekly. I'm a happy mama because they are all old enough to do all three jobs and they've been doing them long enough that they do them WELL!  Yay!  My reason for having kids has come true! Kidding... kidding. The jobs are set and clear the table, unload the dishwasher and rinse and sort the dishes.

This week, Aidan has the "rinse and sort" job which means he organizes the dirty dishes, rinses them off in a sink of water and puts them in the other side of the sink for me to load.  Nowadays, I tell the kids to do their job, (assign an extra chore if there is complaining) and then check back to find a sink full of dishes that I can load in the dishwasher.  Beautamous!

Aidan was playing in the sink with a spoon and tupperware, a dangerous temptation of rinsing dishes, and announced:

"If I had three hands, I could wash these dishes twice as fast!  And if I had four hands, I could wash the dishes three times as fast.  And if I had five hands, I could wash the dishes.... four times as fast. I would hold this dish with this hand and wash it with this one, and hold another dish in the other hand and wash it with the other hand. And if I had six hands, I could wash dishes five times as fast."

I love it when I get to hear what they are thinking about!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like something out of Cat in the Hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Aidan is a hoot. Like your quote, btw. he he. You always have such great ones up.

    ReplyDelete