Tuesday, July 29, 2014

One of "those" types...

Sometimes it is rather shocking to see ourselves mirrored in our children.  Sometimes a quality that seems only mildly bad on myself, I find totally unacceptable in my kids.  And so I have to do things like learn and grow in order to improve my example.

And then every once in awhile, you see some quality in your kids that reminds you of yourself and what a relief!  It isn't a bad thing! Yay!  In this case, it isn't a virtue.  Just a trait:

List Making!
Lucas made this list; my organized child.

The point of this list is to determine the pros and cons of different locations around our tiny rental that would make good hiding places.

There are vents around the house, and the kids discovered that you can eavesdrop really well through the vents when you are in the basement.  So they don't want a location where all their secrets could be overheard! (That's the oldest trick in the book!)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Melita ! It is good to find out that I am not the only one that feels that way about my kids. Great list... maybe we should do one of those about our house :)

    ReplyDelete