Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Date

Aidan wanted to go on a date with Mommy!

And I thought that would be great.  We settled on IHOP, so we could get some of our favorite breakfast foods.  Especially since Papa will never darken the door of an ihop himself.  Or a Denny's. Or Applebee's.  Or Sweet Tomatoes.  So we have to go get our "nasty food" fix when he's not around. =)
 I just love it when I take the time to focus on their sweet faces.
Especially when they are so earnestly telling me a story.
 The days can get too busy;
I can be distracted all the time...
So it feels really good to take a time out, and really soak up the wonder of these little people growing up.  It is humbling to see how great they are.  And I see a little bit better why God loves little children so much.

1 comment:

  1. Melita, it is so sweet that you took the time out to have a date alone with Aidan. He will always remember this and it will be a very special memory for both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete