Sunday, June 23, 2013

12 Years of Sheer Bliss

This month, we celebrated our 12th year of marriage.
A little B&B, an expensive restaurant and a movie.  We are so creative!

It's fun to think of the ways we are similar, and the ways we are different.
Like toast, for example.


We both like the french bread toasted with butter.
But!
Shane likes it sweet and fruity.
I like it with heavily salted avocado. 

According to the kids, here are some ways we are alike and different.

SAME:
L: You are both married.  Your fingers both turn white when you get angry.  

A: You're both adults.  You are both parents.  You are both humans. You both speak the same language. You both quiver when you are cold. You both go on errands.(I'm glad we both speak the same language.  Could be a real downer in a marriage not to.)

J: You both have the same color of eyes. You both have red lips.  You both spank us when you are annoyed.  You both like to sleep in. You both smooch when you are happy.(I guess we spank based on how we feel; not on how the kids behave...)

DIFFERENT:
J: You are loud and noisy and Papa is quiet.  And you don't look the same. I think Mom's huggier. You cook and Papa doesn't.  And you make strawberry shortcake and water the plants.  Papa's funnier than Mama.  Papa treats us calm, Mama treats us grouchy.  Papa has a goatee, you don't.(well, I guess there are points there for both of us)

A: The way you look.  Dad's hairy, Mom's not. (thanks, son) And mom has longer hair than Dad. Your voices are different.  How about your mind? Dad's smarter than you, Mom.(indeed)

L: For one thing, you are not a man and a man, and you are not a woman and a woman.  Papa does necessary work and you don't.  just kidding!  (hardee har har

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is prime stuff. I need to do more kid interviews! Even if to just remind myself to stop yelling. ;) Since I'm sure my kids would have similar responses. Very curious about the white hands... do you guys make fists or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so weird. I have no idea. I think that they began to be silly and were grasping at straws. They all got excited about the word "quiver" and all wanted to talk about any instance Shane and I might or might not quiver. I highly doubt Lucas pays close attention to my fingers when I'm angry. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HILAROUS!!! I can totally picture this...you...loud, grouchy, and hairless. At least it sounds like you cook! And sounds like someone is their father's son...i.e. dad does necessary work and you don't! <3

    ReplyDelete