Friday, March 1, 2013

My Sister Is Published!

Yippie skippie and a whoop, stomp, clap!

Congrats to my sister, Gina, who in short has worked very hard and is beginning to see a return on her investment.

Now for the "in long".

Girl, you gotta comment and tell us more, but I'll do my best.  My sister got her degree, then her Masters from Portland State in Conflict Resolution.  With her recent graduation, so many possibilities have popped up and now she's a published writer!  She's at the beginning of so many NEW things, spearheading movements and opening doors.  This is a relatively new field, and the applications are just  beginning to ignite and spark outward into so many new and different areas.

Also, she has done all of this schooling, researching and graduating WITH a family, including having a second baby boy in the middle of it all.  A feat that impresses me.

After I read the article she wrote, I decided it was something I needed to share.  I'm on board, and I agree with Gina's perspective.  In having a husband who is fitted perfectly for creating things of the nuclear sort AND who disagrees with it... it means that I hear a lot about nuclear clean-up, hazardous waste and the need for solutions.  Solutions he believes are out there, and if he could get paid to do it, he'd be interested himself.  But does he move the whole family to a leaking nuke site?  =)  It has been discussed!  When someone has specialized knowledge in an area, and they are deeply concerned, it makes sense to get concerned yourself!

So get concerned, loved ones!  And maybe we can get concerned to good effect.

And now, Gina speaks her piece.
In this publication, a video has been added to explain more about the origins and purpose of the site in question, and includes a bit more basic info of the site in the article itself:
http://www.theskanner.com/article/Goverment-Failure-to-Deal-with-Hanford-Radioactive-Leaks-is-Massive-Betrayal-2013-03-01
This article includes her photograph:
http://www.huntingtonnews.net/56317

and I just got an update: this article is now in three publications only 24 hours after submission.  GREAT JOB, GINA!!! =)

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting article. Congratulations to Gina for all her hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ridiculously late in responding to this post!

    Thank you for all your cheering and since this article happened by accident.... we'll have to see if I can pull this off again!

    This was originally a private response to a writing prompt for a second round interview with an environmental group in Oregon. After sending it off to Erin for a proof reading, she absolutely insisted that I edit it for a national audience and sent it out. So I did.

    I love that Shane has a far greater depth of knowledge than I do about the ramifications of poor cleanup and the possibilities for safer nuclear disposal. It would be SO interesting to read an opinion editorial on the subject!

    My article has been published in at least 13 publications that I am aware of. My distribution is through PeaceVoice and the material is for free publication with no copyright. I discovered that I broke PeaceVoice's record for viral shares by over 400%. :) Kinda nifty!

    ReplyDelete