Monday, July 23, 2012

Ambitious Goals...

Heads up on a new project around here!  There will be several phases, some of which will be going on at the same time.

Project De-clutter, Organize and Rearrange the Entire House.

The parts of this project are as follows:
1. De-clutter everything from rooms to closest to drawers.
2. Eliminate as much as possible.
3. Move the master bedroom to the smallest bedroom.
4. Move the boys out of the smallest bedroom into the old school room.
5. Paint the boys new room the same as the boys old room; three shades of blue, including a blue ceiling.
6. Move the school room into the master bedroom.
7. Put a cork/wood floor into the master bedroom.
8. Paint Master(new school) Room.
9. And if possible, repaint the smallest room, new master, so it isn't three shades of blue.

I think that points 1 and 2 will be ongoing as I choose a section of house and work on it.  But I am happy to report that I have gotten started on this whole project and I have the pictures to prove it.

On the east side of the house, we have two medium-sized bedrooms with a bathroom in between.  One is three shades of pink for Julia, the other was the old school room in a disappointing shade of yellow with one red wall.  The Mustard and Ketchup Room.  This room will now be three shades of blue for the boys, a repeat of the Boys Blue Bedroom that I did last year.  Oh.  I guess that was two years ago.

This weekend, I got one wall painted in the new Boys Room, with the kids helping me!  I wish to swiftly point out just what a feat this is: This is an incredible feat, folks.


When I say the kids helped me, they really did.  Lucas manned the roller for almost the ENTIRE wall.  I touched it up to make sure it was thick and did up near the ceiling.  Julia helped me cut in the corners.


Aidan woke up from his nap and got a chance to roller for a quick minute.  He had something bothering his eye, plus chocolate chip cookie mouth.  Lookin' pretty beat!


So there you have it.  The first wall of Boys Room as it begins to cover up Mustard and Ketchup.

No worries about the red wall.  It and the ceiling will be covered up by dark blue. Oh delight!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You ARE ambitious!! Can't wait to hear how it all goes - and see pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really brave to let the kids help you with your painting projects :)

    ReplyDelete