Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Boys Blue Bedroom

Isn't he cute? I love this; little boy in a white shirt and blue jeans, high and tight hair cut helping his mommy paint his room blue. I'm liking this! And so here's the story of the boys new blue bedroom.

Lucas desired a room painted all navy blue, the color of a night sky with stars and planets all around. So I consented to one wall and the ceiling blue, but two other lighter shades of blue must be included so I didn't have to deal with the "cave" feeling. (men and their cave behavior starts early, eh?) So we taped off and began painting.... Only to discover that I didn't quite have enough pale blue paint(Raindrop) to cover the wall.
So I bought some more, Marian finished it up for me and taped off the walls and began the second color of paint, Romantic Isle. We were worried that it was going to be too purple, but it looked perfect once it was all put together.
The picture above and the picture below are both the same color of paint, just different amounts of light shining on it. Below, you can see the pale blue looks almost white, but there's still a corner of the ceiling to compare it to.
Lucas continues to have fun! He did a really great job. He almost couldn't do it wrong.
Behold, all walls painted, ceiling too, touched up with a tiny watercolor paint brush in corners, etc.
And a quick tour introduced by Aidan!

And so the room is done and the furniture is moved in. Vinyl wall stickers of all the planets are ordered and on the way, and now my job is to start taping off the next room. I think painting is starting to lose its charm... =) Does look good, but it makes the rest of the house walls look SO GROSS!! Guess that will keep me motivated, eh?

3 comments:

  1. How cute! It really turned out well, don't you think? I can't wait to see the wall stickers. Great movie too. You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! Ah, success! It tastes so sweet! Can't wait to see the little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very nice. I love Aidan's introduction :) I never thought of using a water color paintbrush in the corners... I will have to try that next time... they are always a problem for me.

    ReplyDelete