Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Well, I've had good reasons for being absent for this long, one of which is FAMILY!

We got to be all together right at the end of August, and that was no small feat!  Everyone made tremendous effort to get there, oh, except for Calysta who just lazed around because everyone came to her house. ;)  Poor girl was caught pulling weeds, cleaning siding, re-screening windows and washing and dusting entry windows that were only reachable by ladder and teeny ledges.  She was expecting a mere 15 people to add to her family.  

So we got some much coveted family photos, thanks to Calysta's Mike.  Thanks, Mike.  You're the man.

So here's a sweet pix of Mom and Dad, who started all this business:


And here's all of us, from 32 to 10:

Melita, Virginia, Calysta, Susan, Marian, Wesley and Brynna

And we seem to have kept the business going:


A lovely jaunt to Guemes Island to visit my mother's parents, Bruce and Jeanne Notson.  I guess this is how the kids smile as hard as they can. =)  I think my kids would like to move there!


I took the kids on this trip up north and we were gone for 15 days, whew!  Still, it felt like our time at each place was too short.  Next time, we take Papa with us and stay for longer!  =)  

Now that I'm home, it's been a bear getting back in the swing of things.  I'm being a homebody and a recluse.  But that's a subject for another post.  

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Went to my blog roll with little enthusiasm, and there it was in all its splendor, a little post from my wonderful sister-in-law. Thanks for making my day. Love the veggies. They look so good I might actually want to eat one. Naaa. They could never look THAT good:) Anywho. Glad to see the highlights from your trip. I saw the picture you posted on Picasa of Calysta cleaning the second story window ledge and just about died. I don't imagine its easy to prepare for 15 guests. Well, thanks again. Hope to hear from you again soon. (elbow. elbow.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of my son- "where'd they go?" The veggies disappeared! Well, this one's nice too. and I love the new kid pic at the top....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took pity on Calysta and decided not to post that picture of her on my blog. I got about 20 pictures of the whole cleaning process, though. Even Mike got involved trying to help her down from the ledge! Those veggies did look good, and I'll use them again.

    Fun to hear your voice and thanks for putting up with calls from your nephew. =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a very nice sister:) Love to hear from the nephew. Tell him to call me more often.

    ReplyDelete