Monday, October 17, 2011

Naming Things and Other Stuff

Julia has been on a naming kick lately.  Or at least the names she is using are attracting unprecedented levels of attention.

"I know a cute name for a pet cat, Mom!  It could be **itty!  Because it rhymes with Kitty!"
Lucas askes "Shatty?" and is quickly corrected with emphasis and volume.

Today I played a little Polly Pocket with her at rest time.  I asked the name of her horse, thinking I knew the answer, but lo and behold the horses' name is Pisto.  I enquired if she meant "Pinto" and again got the correction with emphasis and volume: PISto!  Because it's pretty, she says.

One morning, as the kids were romping on me trying to get me to get OUT of bed, I got a kick out of Aidan.  He wanted to play this new game we discovered, Dust, and upon being told no(it wasn't his turn), he tried a few tactics.  He was laying on my pillow and we were face to face.  His whole face crumples and he begins to sob and says "Mom!  I don't like your deCIsions!"
I feel a rumble of a chuckle deep down, but keep ahold of myself.
He continues, "You are so un............comfortable and so un..........happy!
Bwah hah haaaaaa!  Poor guy began to realize I wasn't feeling repentant and his manipulation was backfiring somehow.  But at that very instant, Lucas asked him to play a two man version of Dust, and the tearless, fake crying face melted away to reveal the sunshine.
As he departed, I commented "I thought you said I was uncomfortable?"
Big smile: "I was just kidding, Mom!"

2 comments:

  1. I just love hearing those kid stories :) Your kids are so amazing and have wonderful imaginations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the hilarity is in no danger of stopping. Cora has been planning her wedding "again". While sitting on the pot she informed me that she wants to "get mewied again." (Again??) And she wants to have a white dress all the way to her feet. I asked what she would wear in her hair. "White rubber bands, so they match." Very very girly! Excited to get our girls together! :D

    ReplyDelete