Friday, December 6, 2013

Julia Turns 8!

Happy Birthday, Julia!


A little late to posting, but it was a special day!  We were snowed in.
Although Julia's birthday is not always on Thanksgiving, she is still our little "thanksgiving girl"!  She was born on Thanksgiving in 2005.

This year, her dream was to get the Kaya doll and her extended family surprised her with a few accessories.  She listened to the books on CD the month before her birthday, and became even more excited about getting the doll.  Of course, she wasn't certain that Kaya was among the presents, but I think she felt fairly confident!
                                         
Her Grandma made her a lovely Indian costume, and her Nana made her a bearskin for Kaya to sleep on.  She got some winter clothes and a doll hairbrush from her brothers.

She wanted a Kaya doll cake, and as usual when I'm at a loss, I asked her to draw the cake she wanted for me, so I'd know just what she wanted.  This way, it helps her keep it simple and ensures that I don't disappoint her!

This is Kaya and her horse.

Julia and her brothers:


And Julia's birthday weather:

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Julia! What a beautiful doll... We miss you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people dream of a white Christmas. Julia got a white birthday. Wow, what a pretty doll for a pretty girl. Love all the pictures and posts, Melita. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, girly. Love the cake- you are such a wiz, Melita. Wiz is a weird word to use.... Anyway, you all make me smile. Wish we could see more of you. We are getting a lot of snow here too- in the words of Sam- Hoorayyy! Thanks for sharing. That doll is the coolest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a HAPPY Birthday for Julia! And such an intuitive girl! :) I completely agree with everyone about the doll. I LOVE all her paraphernalia! I mean, that's the best part of dolls, right? Are those leather mittens??? Seriously, amazing. I need to bust out Molly so Cora can see how cool these are.... heh.

    And FABULOUS idea with having her draw the cake. I need to remember that. Because it would be SO fun to copy kid artwork onto a cake!

    And I absolutely miss and love your kids to pieces. I'm having withdrawals this time of year.... *gasp!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! Miss you too, Marta! Bad! Thanks, June, for making Julia's birthday special! And thanks, Kelly, for the compliment on the cake. No one is saying that the cake Kaya looks like she was punched in the mouth. =) Calysta, you should definitely get out Molly! =) Cora would love it.

    ReplyDelete