Saturday, April 23, 2011

Horse Shocks

Don't you just hate it when you get a horse shock?  Such a pain!

Once upon a time, a mother told her little boy that the cramp in his leg was a charlie horse.  This has gone down in history as a horse shock, and forever after, we get to hear about horse shocks whenever someone has a charlie horse, or simply a sore leg.

Chickens are worm-free!  Yay!  Somehow, I'm not yet ready to eat their eggs.  But I'm sure I'll get over that soon enough.  I'm starting to get tired of throwing away dozens of eggs.

All for today!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, you throw them away???? Send them to us!! We eat them by the dozen. Too bad we don't live closer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes, we eat them by the dozen too, but I don't think you want these eggs. When worms lay eggs on the shell of the egg, then you research worms and find out worms can make their way to the ovum of the chicken and be INSIDE the egg, it just makes for an unpalatable egg! Then we put them on dewormer and you can't eat the eggs for a week after because of the medication not being for human consumption. But last Friday was day 8 after their treatment, and there are no signs of worms, but all this makes me hesitant to start eating their eggs again.
    I was cooking and mashing the eggs and giving them back to the chickens because that way any worms and their eggs got killed. I wouldn't want to feed my chickens more worm eggs!!!
    I think it's all back to normal now, just have to get over the grossed-out feeling. =) Are you ready to take on a backyard flock, now?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horse shocks... now that's cute! Glad your chickens are free of worms :) You worked so hard to get them set up all nice and cozy. Now it's time to enjoy the eggs again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate dem horse shocks! ;) That's adorable

    ReplyDelete