Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's a Sign

A few months ago, Lucas put this sign on his bedroom door:
(For the room is filled with poisonous gasses. Do not enter.)
Recently, a few more signs have appeared.
Like this one I liked so much:
I'm very curious about it's motivation and purpose.

Then there's these two signs:

(For this is a spy room. Do not come in unless you are a spy.)
A bit redundant, but extremely clear about their purpose.

And then as I was appreciating slightly better spelling and somewhat better attention to spacing, this sign caught my eye.
(Turns out, it's not my son, which explains the spelling and spacing improvement.) It makes a person wonder, is this a bait sign? Tempting someone to enter a forbidden room, possibly filled with poisonous gasses? Come on in! (cheerful grin, cheerful grin) yes, we'd love to have you enter our facilities! (more smiles) Step right this way... BAM! We've now trapped you in the poison room, bwahaha!!!!! For the victory is MINE!!!

Or maybe it's a sign for friends, and you aren't supposed to pay attention to it unless you are part of the "club". Woe betide the little sister who thinks it's for her!

I wonder if my husband would notice if I started taping signs to our bedroom door.
"For the room is filled with pheromones and not laundry. Enter if you are my man."

Can't let kids have all the fun!

5 comments:

  1. You make me scream with laughter!! Something I needed today. :D Your husband would so notice a sign like that. :D

    Such fabulous sings on Lucas's part, too. I'm so impressed that he does it on his own without the striving-for-perfection problem getting in the way. Not that that's a bad thing on many levels! But it's obviously not holding him back from communicating the very important thoughts in his mind! You're going to save those, right? Well, at least you have pictures of them, so even if they get tossed, this blog post can live on infinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Maybe I'll make some signs for my door?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have worked HARD to leave perfectionism behind when it comes to pictures and writing. Over and over we have practiced strategies for fixing errors or crossing things out and moving on. This house is filled... not with poisonous gasses, but many, many erasers! Also, when Lucas is writing phonetically, he's pretty certain he's spelled things correctly. =) I'm not about to correct his impression when it's writing practice all on his own!

    I say we all surprise our hubbies with signs! Too bad many of them will be too x-rated to share online...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing the Staffords, are you sure that room is not filled with poisonous gases??? LOL. :) Thanks for sharing. What a smart fella he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol @ June!! You must be a woman among many men!

    ReplyDelete