Friday, September 28, 2012

Parental Button-Pushing Technique

"Now my dears," said old Mrs. Rabbit.  "...(inhales to speak, children moan and groan)

I have been using this Peter Rabbit phrase often, and my kids are sick of it.  I say everything with this phrase at the beginning, including the "said old Mrs. Rabbit" part.

"'Now my dears,' said old Mrs. Rabbit":
"It is time to fold the laundry."
"I want you to pick up your room."
"Put on your shoes and get in the car."
"Please pass the hot cereal."
Et cetera.  You get the drift, so do they and it drives them crazy!

I love having a way to irritate my kids if need be.  =)

I will leave you with a little poem that I am not sure whom to credit.  But it fits well with this great post about rearing children with love, patience and respect.

Speak roughly to your little boy,
And beat him when he sneezes.
He only does it to annoy,
Because he knows it teases!

No comments:

Post a Comment