Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sick Sick Sick

Well, when starting a blog, I suppose one can just jump right in!

Today marks the beginning of week 4 of flu, cold, cough, fever, ear aches and body aches for me and my brood. I did finally go to the doctor, just to make sure we aren't all dying. And sure enough, we just have mild germs, barely worth a prescription(which didn't get filled). So we continue on, using natural remedies like sleep, fluids, "ruh ruh" C (a sister's childhood term for "vitamin") and a few other fringy things.

Of course, this vermin or germ is holding us back from big plans; we have a Kindergardener starting on the 17th with her part-time Montessori class. And so that is when Homeschool will also being for the boys(1st grade and PreK). Which means we need to get the school room ready. But it is currently a bedroom. So we need to move the bunk beds out. But first we need to paint the room the bunk beds are going into. Then we'll paint the school room. THEN we'll get it ready!

Today my 3 year old told me "You are my Mom, but first I need a drink." I felt good about his priorities.

In the next few days, I plan to post pictures and updates on the current projects underway, namely chickens and house painting. But as I've already mentioned, I'm good at starting. It's the follow through that lacks.

2 comments:

  1. I promise, I left a comment earlier but it never posted... Attempt #2!

    Yay for starting a blog!! I'm looking forward to follow all your activities and your adorable children's sayings since I hardly ever get to talk to you and am never in touch... :D No really, I love all your wit and wisdom and am excited to see it manifested in blog form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! So glad you took the plunge... Can't wait to hear all about whats going on with you guys.

    ReplyDelete