Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Love Notes

Not long ago, Lucas was feeling sad and blue.  Julia took the initiative to cheer him up, and worked on a little project for him.

Then she came to me and asked if I would write down a poem she made up.  I was so curious to see what it was all about, since this would be the first poem she has ever shared with me.


Huddle up next
Go on a date
Snuggle with love
Jump on the trampoline with Lucas

I loved it!  So did Lucas. =)

And then there was Father's Day:


More artwork, and this year, I had the kids finish a sentence telling why they like having Shane be their Papa.  I think he liked it.  =)

Julia:
"I'm glad you are my Papa because you're handsome, you work hard and I love you.  When you look at me it makes me smile."

Lucas:
"I'm glad you are my Papa because you take me to special places like Karting and because you're so fun, so nice and I love you."

Aidan:
"I'm glad you are my Papa because of your great work and how you tickled me yesterday and you are very nice."

2 comments:

  1. Awww... so sweet. Now I just know those words from the kids had to melt Papa's heart :) And such a sweet note from Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me smile. Thanks for sharing. Such sweeties you have:)

    ReplyDelete